Umoja 2 residents are up in arms over a decision by the incumbent MCA Joseph Ndonji and other aspirants who lost in the just concluded ODM nominations to lodge a complaint at the party’s tribunal contesting a win by a former Ummoinner tout.
Ndonji, Kevin Kwere, and Calvin Olloo on April 26th moved to the party’s top organ seeking to nullify Shadrack Machanje’s victory in the party’s primaries conducted last week on Friday.
The Tribunal is expected to give its ruling today morning.
According to Umoja 2 residents, Ndonji and Kwere claimed they were confident of Machanje’s win being overturned and that they had compromised officials sitting in the tribunal.
Ndonji is said to have camped at the ODM offices vowing they will ”not allow a tout” take over Umoja 2 ward.
“They told Machanje to his face that a Luhya can never get the ODM Nomination certificate in Umoja 2.
Kwere,Ndonji and Oloo said that they used millions to campaign and that have already pocketed the high and mighty in the party’s rank,” Juliet Mayo, a resident told this writer.
Supporters of Machanje have accused some members of ODM of not pushing for Luhya candidates across the city, citing Tim Wanonyi and now Machanje with some threatening to vote outside Azimio Coalition if their candidate’s win is overturned.
Shadrack Machanje the Ummoinner Sacco manager won the Friday ODM MCA primaries in the ward by garnering 249 votes, followed by the incumbent Shadrack Ndonji with163 votes in the hugely contested exercise. Machanje beat 13 other aspirants.
The incumbent is said to be having a problematic run with residents who accuse him of doing little, especially towards addressing the serious water crisis in the ward.