Kenyans will get to know which individuals were directly involved in looting billions of shillings meant for managing the Covid-19 pandemic, which has ravaged the economy and claimed lives.
Speaking to Spice FM this morning, Public Investment Committee Chair Abdulswamad Shariff Nassir revealed their report was ready and will be tabled to the National Assembly when it resumes sittings on September 6, 2021.
”Honorable members have already gone through the report, documented their observations, and signed it. We are currently on recess. The report will, therefore, be tabled after recess. The members have already adopted it,” the Mvita MP said.
Last year, President Uhuru Kenyatta promised Kenyans the government will take stern action on those named in the report seeking to explain how the Sh7.8 billion was looted.
“In line with our stated public policy on zero tolerance to corruption, all persons found to be prima facie culpable because of those investigations should be brought to book, notwithstanding the public office they hold or their political or social status,” the President said in an August 2020 televised address.