There are plans to turn the Azimio Coalition into a political behemoth with a huge national support base.
According to reports, a proposal has been for the formation of the Azimio Party that will see all the 20 political parties dissolved into one big outfit.
However, major parties seem reluctant as the move might only benefit small parties at their expense.
Below are the 18 parties making the Azimio Coalition:
1. Jubilee Party (JP)
2. Orange Democratic Party (ODM)
3. Wiper Democratic Movement (WDM)
4. Kenya African National Union (KANU)
5. National Alliance Rainbow Coalition (NARC)
6. National Alliance Rainbow Coalition- Kenya (NARC-K)
7. Democratic Action Party-Kenya (DAP-K).
8. Devolution Empowerment Party (DEP)
9. United Party of Independent Alliance (UPIA)
10. United Progressive Alliance (UPA)
11. Kenya Union Party (KUP)
12. United Democratic Party (UDP)
13. Kenya Reform Party (KRP)
14. Chama Cha Uzalendo (CCU)
15. Party for Peace and Democracy (PPD)
16. National Liberal Party (NLP)
17. People’s Trust Party (PTP)
18. Ubuntu People’s Forum (UPF)