President Uhuru Kenyatta and ODM leader Raila are confident their legal team will triumph in court. Senior Counsels James Orengo and Waweru Gatonye will lead the joint legal team representing the two leaders, as well as the BBI Secretariat. On Wednesday, the Court of Appeal President Daniel Musindwa said the seven-judge bench comprising judges from the court will hear the case from June 2th to July 2nd.
Solicitor General Kennedy Ogeto, lawyers Paul Mwangi and Mohammed Nyamboga will be part of the legal team which will be going against the petioners team lead by suspended LSK President Nelson Havi and Narck Kenya leader Martha Karua.
Former Attorney General Githu Muigai and Eric Gumbo are representing the IEBC.
Here are some of the directives given by Justice Daniel Musindwa:
1. All the appeals shall be heard on a priority basis.
2. All intended appellants who have filed notices of appeal shall be at liberty to file supplementary records of appeal and/or memorandum of appeal as may be appropriate within seven days from the date hereof.
3. Any respondent intending to file a cross-appeal shall be at liberty to do so within seven days of the date hereof.
4. All appellants shall file and serve their respective submissions within seven days of the date hereof.
5. The respondents shall file and serve their respective submissions within 14 days from the date of service of the appellants’ submissions.
6. The appellant shall be at liberty to file replies within three days of the respondents’ submissions.
7. That the respective submissions shall be limited to 40 pages and;
8. The appellants shall be at liberty to make a reply to the respondents’ submission limited to 30 minutes.