Earlier this week on Tuesday, Kenya Kwanza, the ruling party unveiled its 5-member team for bipartisan talks with the opposition Azimio One Kenya coalition.
In its statement, President Ruto’s coalition said Majority Leader Kimani Ichung’wah would lead its team, which would also include Senate Majority Leader Araon Cheruiyot and Embu Governor Cecily Mbarire.
Even as the ruling coalition gears itself to engage their Azimio colleagues, President William Ruto has lined up a number of activities in the Mt Kenya region this weekend where he is slated to have a five-day working tour, starting tomorrow, Saturday 5th.
Highlights of the Tour
1. Commission the Githurai Water Supply Project, which will benefit 500,000 residents and connect 8,400 people to clean and safe water.
2. Commission the redevelopment of Githurai Market, part of the President’s commitment to build 400 markets in 3 years to dignify Mama Mboga’s hustles.
3. Commission the Kagio water supply project in Kagio Town, Kirinyaga County, and commission the upgrade of the 42.5 km Marua – Kwa Wambui Road.
4. Launch the upgrading to bitumen standards and maintenance of the 45km Ichamara – Kariti road in Mukurweini, Nyeri County.
5. Commission the Kaigonji water project and commission the Othaya water project, which will benefit 60,000 people with 216 new sewer connections, and thereafter open the Nyeri Stage and Bus Park.
6. Chair a cabinet meeting at Sagana State Lodge.
7. Open a new KCC facility in Kiganjo and host a regional leaders conference at the Sagana State Lodge.
8. Open a three-storeyed, 175-bed capacity Level IV Hospital in Naromoru.
9. Witness the groundbreaking of the Gichugu Affordable Housing Program in Kirinyaga County, which is part of the 200 units per constituency program. The project entails the construction of 140 housing units.
10. Also, preside over the groundbreaking of the housing project in Thika, Kiambu County, which will provide 975 units, with 20% of the units reserved for civil servants.